Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A few months of updates

Man, I am lazy.

Actually it's a lot of being busy. With the holidays, work, getting back into floorball, and battling an ear infection (followed my wife getting it and having an adverse reaction to the antibiotics), the last thing on my mind has been updating this thing.

Fortunately, I have a lot to cover.

I'll save you all the time and just tell you to go check out my Soccer Autograph Project Blog if you want to know about my IP and TTM soccer. I've had 12 responses there over the last few months, plus a successful IP outing.

So, since Halloween in not-soccer, I've gotten four baseball (two with long waits), two hockey, knocked out three Topps Total cards (with two more on the way), had one hockey IP outing, and mailed out a handful.

November 3 brought me Gregg Jefferies, via home. He signed the two cards I mailed and added in three others.

November 5: Marty Barrett, sent via home, arrived back in Wichita Falls after a seven-plus year wait. Sadly, he doesn't sign his Topps All-Time Fan Favorites card-- the entire reason I sent to him-- but he did at least sign the other two I enclosed. I got it here in Arlington 2 weeks later.

November 16: Chris James, via work, 2 cards, 2 months

December 14: Garry Howatt, 1/1, personalized, c/o home, 5 months

January 7: Russ Nixon, via home, 3/3, 15 months

January 11: Jan Hlavac, c/o home, 5/5, 2 weeks

In late December I sent out several hockey ones, taking a flyer on a few for the Topps Total set. Hlavac was the first successful one of those. Other attempts include Mike Richter, Owen Nolan, Daymond Langkow, Tony Amonte, and Todd Bertuzzi. Soccer requests went out to Zoran Karic, Kim Roentved, and Bruno Ferretti. And I took a flyer on a couple baseball attempts to Albert Pujols and Ryan Braun, both of whom were signing for at least a brief window. If the fail, it's no major loss to me. It's not like I'll get them any other way.

I had one hockey outing, hitting a Stars practice on New Year's Day. I only did the front door, but FINALLY got my Travis Moen photos signed, as well as two cards each from Radek Faksa and Valeri Nichushkin.

Hopefully there will be more outings for hockey soon, plus baseball, and a ton of mailings. I still have that bunch of Florida Panthers 11x14s that need to get some ink.

2 comments:

  1. That is quite a wait on Barrett. Have you heard why he doesn't sign the Fan Favorite card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems he gets asked to sign it a lot-- he put in a slip of paper that had printed on it "The Topps All-Time Fan Favorites card will not be signed due to a contract agreement."

    Former Miami Dolphin Lyle Blackwood won't sign his either. Not sure what the "contract agreement" is, but whatever. I'll never finish the set anyway haha.

    ReplyDelete