Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Sometimes I make stuff

For the 2014 National, I made business cards to promote my blog. They turned out alright, but a little tough to read since I had so much info to put in.

So for 2018, I figured I could make a few-- one for each sport that I collect. Even better, I found a place that will print in standard trading card size (2.5x3.5 instead of the 2x3.5 of a business card), so I came up with these...

Clockwise from Top Left: Baseball in the 1972 Topps design; football in the 1990 Pro Set design;
Hockey in the 2002-03 Topps Total design; and Indoor soccer in the 1989-90 Pacific design.
Didn't do one for racing. Yet...

I'm thinking 50 of each is a good start, and then I'll also do 100 or so in a regular business card size for promoting the Facebook groups I run as well as the baseball stuff I collect. I don't have the back done yet, but here's the front of that one...

The T-205 set is is the bee's knees. It'll put the pepper in your porridge and...
something-something-turn-of-the-century lingo...

So, that'll be fun.

Got stuff ready for Frisco, Tulsa, and Springfield this weekend. My guesses were decent for most rosters-- had stuff on a few guys who are going to be in OKC or Rancho, but only missed one who made it in Tulsa (Justin DeFratus, who I got last year anyway) and one in Frisco (James Dykstra, whom I scrambled to order more of). I was about 50/50 on the Cardinals, but I was able to put in a last-minute order on the five I missed. Hopefully they come through by Saturday.

A busy 2018 season is officially underway! Here we go...

1 comment: