Monday, December 10, 2018

A slowdown

I haven't mailed as much lately-- just bought a new guitar (Gretsch G5420T, black with gold hardware) and finally got my band's album released. Check it out, please! I'm the drummer on these, but the guitarist now.




Anyways, now that that's out of the way, I did just buy a bunch of stamps and mailed out three this morning. I likely will write more tonight and tomorrow too. I have a lot of baseball, basketball, and racing that I'm planning on trying.

In the meantime with limited mailing comes limited success, but I did get a few back...

NOVEMBER 24
Wayne Cashman, c/o home, 2/2 with $10, 10 weeks
Al Bumbry, c/o home, 5/4, 4 years, added a signed postcard

NOVEMBER 27
Mike Walker, c/o home, 4/4, 9 months
Dave Righetti, c/o SF Giants, 2/2, 3 months

DECEMBER 6
Ron Tingley, c/o home, 4/4, 9 months
Nenad Zigante, c/o home, 4/2, 3 months (signed the front and back of both cards)

I did some IP soccer a few months back as well-- that's available over on the Pacific blog.

So far, I've sent to Jimmy Britton to finish my 1972 Braves Rookies card (last one I need for it; it's been out a month but per SCN he has taken anywhere from a week to 8 months to answer), plus Chris Davis for his 2013 Archives card, and Rene Lachemann and Dick Schofield Sr. just because I had a few cards of them.  I plan on getting requests out to B.J. Surhoff, Al Worthington, and Chuck Seelbach soon as well.  Seelbach was actually a history teacher at my high school, though I never had him for any classes. I have enough stamps right now to send out about 150 requests. So I can get a little crazy here if I want to and finish the year off right. I might even send a few music requests. 

I also just bought a new computer, the band has some shows, and I'm trying to sort all of my purchases of the past few years (and stuff I pulled and never got signed) into everything, so I have a lot on my plate. Positive note, baseball and basketball are all sorted. I just need to do football and hockey, plus a little tweaking to soccer, nascar, and other sports and non-sports.

Even if I use them all, I will have sent fewer this year than either of the last two years (330 in 2016, 357 in 2017; I'm at 175 so far, and could get up to maybe 325). However, releasing an album, buying a guitar, and doing the National trip more than make up for the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment