Thursday, December 12, 2019

Coming soon: a podcast appearance!

Back in December 2016 my friend Lee messaged me asking about the possibility of doing an autograph-related podcast. I liked the idea though it had been years since I had done one and I didn't really know how to do one with solid autograph-related content. And things just got busy with my joining a band and him getting married and having a kid, so we both just kind of forgot about it.

Enter Jeff Baker.  Jeff is from Massachusetts and is a longtime collector who has gotten back into TTMing recently. Back in January of this year, he started putting together a weekly-ish podcast about TTM collecting, simply called TTMCast. On it, he has interviewed various collectors, players, and hobby bigwigs about all things sports collecting, but with an emphasis on TTM autographs. Come of the names you may recognize: Rich Mueller of Sports Collectors Daily, Scott Kozlowski of Sports Card Forum, collectors like Nick Diunte, Paul Miles, and Scott Lomoglio, author and former ultimate Jose Canseco supercollector Tanner Jones, and guys you may have written to like John Bucyk, Bob Lilly, and Jim Kaat.

TTMCast linked up with SCF to cross-promote each of their sites and projects and so when I saw it linked on SCF, I knew I had to check it out. I also got in contact with Jeff and said if he needed an interview subject that I was more than willing to jump on board, and so we set one up for early December.

Long story short, We had a good long chat about the hobby last night, and it should be coming up online in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, I highly recommend checking out past episodes of the podcast. All are available on his site and they're great for collectors of any sport, and at any level from the seasoned veteran collector all the way down to the newest of the newcomers.

No comments:

Post a Comment