Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Achievement Unlocked: 2007-08 Upper Deck Rookie Class Set Complete!

A while back I had hit a point where I knew it was no long "if" but "when" I would finish this set. About three years ago, I picked up a bunch of set needs from a collector that got me down to only needing two more from the 2007-08 set. After a short while, that become one more: the Ryan Callahan card.

Callahan is actually a decent signer. He's been known to TTM and is good in-person. TGhe problem is I rarely have access to visiting teams in Dallas, and since hockey TTM seems to go through phases of reliability/unreliability, I never mailed off. I had an offer of help from a member at a message board, sent him the card, but he was never able to get it done.

I even have a notice set up on eBay to email me every day with any new listings of Upper Deck Rookie Class hockey autographs.

Well, a few managed to slip through the cracks on those emails. Like the Callahan card that didn't use the word "hockey" in the title. I don't know how long it had been listed, bur when I saw it for $3, I had to snap it up.

And with that, the set was finished!

Bobby Ryan, Ondrej Pavelec,
Patrick Kane, Kris Russell, Matt Niskanen,
Andrew Cogliano, Jonathan Bernier, Marc Staal

Nick Foligno, Peter Mueller, Jiri Tlusty,
Brett Sterling, Petr Kalus, Rob Schremp,
Andy Greene, Frans Nielsen, Martin Hanzal

Devin Setoguchi, Matt Smaby, James Sheppard,
Kyle Chipchura, Ryan Parent, David Krejci,
Lauri Tukonen, Anton Stralman, Tobias Enstrom

Tyler Kennedy, Mason Raymond, Thomas Greiss,
Drew Miller, Curtis McElhinney, Ryan Callahan,
Brian Elliott, Vladimir Sobotka, Jonathan Sigalet

Ville Koistinen, Torrey Mitchell, David Perron,
Jannik Hansen, Chris Bourque, Milan Lucic,
Tuukka Rask, Jonathan Toews, Sam Gagner

Jack Johnson, Carey Price, Nicklas Bergfors,
Erik Johnson, Bryan Little, Nicklas Backstrom
As always, a big thanks go out to those who helped complete this projects with trades, 50/50s, and anything else, notably Paul Buxton, Arron Littleton, and Peter Fallon.

And now, time to start looking for upgrades! Chipchura used a terrible pen, as did Kalus. Hanzal is pretty badly smeared. The rest are at least passable. I might try to get a few black pen guys in blue (Koistinen for one-- already got someone in Germany offering to help me with that one).

I'll have an April TTM/IP update coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment