Thursday, March 28, 2013

Almost there...

Three days until I pack up and move, four days until I'm in my new apartment.  Exciting times ahead.

I'm also almost done pulling cards for Corey for our recent trade.  You may recall a week ago, I got about 120 autographs from him, and he wanted any goalies, Islanders, Mets, Jets, Vladimir Guerrero, Ray Bourque, Steve Yzerman, Wayne Gretzky, and Mario Lemieux cards I could part with.  I just have the Jets and my unsorted baseball stuff (Aardsma through Eyre) yet to go.  Got about 1000 or so to send and should have little problem finding another 2-400, so that's a pretty good return-- about 10 unsigned for each signed.

I also need to go through my basketball stuff and pull any inserts I have for future eBay selling.  It won't be many-- mostly some 1993-94 Topps Gold cards and random inserts from 1994-95 Fleer.  I might put up some random ones too, like any Jordans, Kobes, any of the big names.  Let's be honest: I'll never be able to get them signed.  And if I have a shot at getting any of them, you can be sure I won't bother with just a card.  I might sell some of my graded stuff too.  It's not much (87T Bonds, 98 UD Encore Moss rookie, and the entire 10-card promo set of 2001 Upper Deck Heroes of Golf, including a BGS 9.5 Tiger Woods), I'm not overly attached to it, and it should at least net a few bucks to put into the guitar fund.  Honestly, the only untouchable items when it comes to selling right now are any autographs and my Indians and Browns.  After May 2004, I made it a strict personal policy not to sell any of mine and I have stuck to it since then.

I hosted my final Wildcats' Coaches' Radio Show last night.  Instead of interviewing a player, one (captain and three-year veteran Patrick Yudez) interviewed me.  Fun stuff.  He's been entertaining as hell for the last three seasons-- he doesn't rack up the points or the PIM's, but you won't find a player who works harder and better in the corners and against the boards than him.  I have two games to call this weekend as well.  I know there's something going on to honor me Friday, but I can't figure out what it is aside from a few possible snippets.  Oh well, I'm sure it will be fun; I just hate surprises, no matter whether they're positive or negative ones.

I just can't believe it's finally almost here.  Sunday could be my last blog update for a bit, unfortunately.  Most of the morning will be spent packing, then 2 hours driving, then staying at my brother-in-law's place.  I probably won't be able to get internet hooked up in my apartment right away, so unless I can get in at the library or a random hotspot,the updates will be a tad sparse.  Plus I'll be busy with the new job, getting settled into the apartment, and preparing for hounding next weekend.  Though really, free hotspots aren't exactly hard to find.  This is 2013, not 2003.

Last, some laughs from NAHL broadcasters.  This clip is not-- I repeat NOT-- doctored.


No comments:

Post a Comment