Monday, April 15, 2013

Brief thoughts on Boston

Wow.  Shocking.  Fortunately, as far as I know all my friends in the Boston area are safe among the insanity.  Glad I had a lot of work today to keep my mind off it too much throughout the afternoon.

I used to spend a lot of time around the area of the bombings.  I was actually at the finish line in 2004 and 2005 and used to do a lot of autograph hounding at the nearby hotels (mostly the Marriott, Westin, Sheraton, and Lenox).

And not to go politicizing this too much, but remember that the freedoms that you gave up for extra security did nothing to prevent this. The sham known as the Department of Homeland Security should be ashamed of itself. Just remember that when the reaction comes to this event.

I echo President Obama's comments on the city: "Boston is a tough and resilient town. So are its people. I'm supremely confident that Bostonians will pull together, take care of each other, and move forward as one proud city. And as they do, the American people will be with them every single step of the way."

Be good to each other.  The race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment