Friday, September 19, 2014

Hounding Report: Dallas Stars IceBreaker and Training Camp Day One, September 12 and 19

Been a busy week so I'm just now recapping the IceBreaker.  We'll do it quickly: Anders Lindback 2/2 cards, Patrick Eaves 2/2 cards, Ryan Garbutt 2/2 cards (one for Fernando in Alberta), Sergei Gonchar 2/2 cards, Jussi Rynnas 2/2 cards, Antoine Roussel 2/2 8x10 photos, Kari Lehtonen 2/2 8x10 photos, Valeri Nichushkin 2/2 8x10 photos, Kevin Connauton 1/1 8x10 photo, Jamie Benn 1/1 11x14 photo, Tyler Seguin 1/1 11x14 photo, and Vernon Fiddler 2/2 cards with a terrible signature-- it looks like a giant lower-case F.

Is the F for Fiddler, fail, or F-you?
I also got a few other smaller team-issued photos signed as well-- Lehtonen, Rynnas, and Nichushkin.

Today marked the first day of Training Camp in Fort Worth.  Small group of graphers most of the time-- never more than about ten of us in our spot and just about every player passed by our location. I decided to concentrate on my 11x14 photos that I had left early on.I got Erik Cole first, followed by Kari Lehtonen on the "Four Olympians" photo.  Jack Campbell also came through signing 12 cards for me (1 for Jeff in Ohio, 4 for Kyle in Connecticut, 3 for Fernando) while fellow collector Michael helped me out with the 11x14 I had of him-- so 13 sigs from a top goaltending prospect.

Jamie Oleksiak also signed the 6 cards I had of him (2 for Fernando, 4 for Kyle) and Antoine Roussel signed the one card I had of him (for Jeff). I also got Julius Honka on Paul's 2014 Draft customs (1 for him and 1 for Harri) before we moved inside. Travis Morin was the first one we saw, signing two for me (1 to Fernando). Cameron Gaunce signed six (3 for Fernando), Shawn Horcoff two, and Jamie Benn added himself to my Four Olympians photo.

We spotted Branden Troock, who signed the lone card I had of him. Colton Sceviour signed everything I had-- two for me, two for Fernando, two for Jeff.  Nichushkin and Gonchar walked out together.  Seeing as I've gotten 40-some different cards signed by Sergei, I just went for Nichushkin on the Four Olympians photo.  General Manager Jim Nill also came by, signing five cards of mine (two for Fernando). Anders Lindback signed six cards, Ryan Garbutt did two (one to Jeff).

Lindy Ruff finished off the Four Olympians photo as the four coaches walked out together; I'm surprised at how quickly I finished it off!

It looks much better in-person. The Sharpie was a bit
streaky for Kari's sig early on.
Trevor Daley was the surprise of the day.  A few years ago he was a one-per signer, whereas last year he signed everything I had.  Today he was back to one-per.  Jordie Benn ignored the lone person who asked him to sign.

Ales Hemsky was a signing machine.  Having heard he would do three-per, I only carried my Topps Total setter and two jersey cards.  He signed those but signed 8 for others.  Needless to say, I'm carrying six tomorrow.

Tyler Seguin walked out with Jason Spezza and Patrick Eaves.  Arron and I both went for Seguin, who signed one-per. I figure I can get Spezza another day fairly easily.  Maxime Fortunus signed three cards (one for Fernando), and the day was finished by Alex Goligoski, who signed six (two for Kyle, four for Fernando).

Not a bad opening day.  Hoping for another good one tomorrow.

ICEBREAKER TOTALS: 24 autographs from 12 players (23 from 12 for me, 1 from 1 for Fernando)

DAY ONE TOTALS: 71 autographs from 22 players (40 from 18 for me, 3 from 3 for Jeff, 12 from 4 for Kyle, 14 from 8 for Fernando, 1 from 1 for Paul, 1 from 1 for Harri)

No comments:

Post a Comment