Saturday, October 31, 2015

Back to the shack

So I've kind of neglected this blog for the last month.

Partially inactivity, partially laziness... but nevertheless, a lot of TTM returns have come in so I may as well give an update there. Most have been soccer, but there have been a few other sports sprinkled in as well, plus an IP outing and an IP failure.

First, let's hit the mailbox...


SEPTEMBER 28
Dale Ervine, 6/6, 3 weeks
Kenny Cooper, 6/5, 3 weeks, wrote a short letter back

SEPTEMBER 29
Joe Rudi, c/o home, 2/2 personalized, 2 months
Roman Turek, c/o team (in Czech Republic), 6/5, 6 weeks, added his own card
Billy Sample, c/o home, 5/4, 3 weeks, wrote a short letter back

SEPTEMBER 30
Doc Lawson, 6/6, 1 month

OCTOBER 1
Bobby Hull, c/o Blackhawks, 3/3, 2 months
Dion James, c/o home, 4/4, 1 month
Dwight Lodeweges, 2/1, 2 weeks to Netherlands, wrote a short letter back

OCTOBER 2
Anson Carter, c/o home, 1/1, 2 months
George Parros, c/o home, 4/4, 1 month
Gary Heale, 7/6, 1 month
Troy Snyder, 4/4, 1 month

OCTOBER 3
Andre Thornton, c/o home, 5/5, 2 months
Andy Schmetzer, 4/4, 1 month
PJ Johns, 4/4, 1 month
Mike Mussina, c/o home, 2/2, 1 month

OCTOBER 5
Ron Newman, 4/4, 30 days

OCTOBER 7
Mike Stankovic, 6/6, 30 days

OCTOBER 9
Mark Karpun, 4/4, 39 days to Canada

OCTOBER 10
Marcel Loosveld, 1/1, 24 days to Netherlands; tried to sign in failing marker, signed over it in pen
Neil Megson, 4/4, 16 days

OCTOBER 13
Ali Kazemaini, 4/4, 38 days
Hector Marinaro, 5/4, 7 days, added a note on a business card
Rusty Troy, 4/4, 7 days
Kevin Kewley, 4/4, 7 days, personalized all

OCTOBER 14
Archi Cianfrocco, c/o home, 5/5, 44 days
Alan Willey, 3/3, 8 days

OCTOBER 16
Perry Van Der Beck, 4/4, 10 days
David Brcic, 5/4, 10 days, added a short note

OCTOBER 17
Ben Collins, 5/4, 26 days, personalized all, wrote a note back
Kris Peat, 5/4, 11 days, wrote short note back

OCTOBER 19
Nikola Ristic, 3/3, 13 days
Daniel Donigan, 5/4, 13 days, wrote a short note back

OCTOBER 23
Petr Nedved, c/o home in Czech Republic, 4/4, 2 months

OCTOBER 24
Bill Mueller, c/o home, 5/5, 7 months
Simon Keith, 3/2, 3 weeks, sent a signed copy of his book

OCTOBER 26
Gus Mokalis, 4/4, 3 weeks, personalized one
Ralph Black, 8/8, 2 weeks

OCTOBER 27
Ken Fogarty, 4/3, 3 weeks, wrote short note back

OCTOBER 29
Kevin Smith, 6/6, 2 weeks
Emil Dragicevic, 3/3, 2 weeks

OCTOBER 31
Joe Koziol, 4/4, 1 month
Oscar Roan, c/o work, 2/2, 2 weeks

I had several RTS and re-mails in that whole mix as well.

I did a little IP graphing in there. Nothing major though: my final Rangers outing netted me only Nick Martinez (2 for me, 2 for Chris), and my lone Stars outing got me two cards signed by Valeri Nichushkin and my 11x14 signed by Antoine Roussel. Just need Moen on it next.

Speaking of 11x14s, I was supposed to go for the Florida Panthers a couple weeks back. They stayed at an easy hotel last season during a preseason trip so we hoped they might be there again.  Sadly that wasn't the case, as the Casa De Impossible struck again.  So here I sit with a crap-ton of unsigned 11x14 photos.

Fortunately, 11x14 photo mailers exist! So I'm going to mail a lot of them out in the next few weeks.  I likely will have to sit on some until the offseason, but at the very least, my photo money won't be wasted.

Hopefully I'll have a few Stars outings. Paul Buxton sent me some Stars items to get signed for him, and he sent me four cards signed by Brian Schmetzer from up in Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment