Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Mail Out, Mail In

I sent out a total of 44 requests so far in March from the 4th through the 14th. As of yesterday, I've had 11 successes and 1 RTS, plus a success from earlier. Mailings have included...

MARCH 4
Baseball: Brooks Robinson

MARCH 7
Baseball: Rod Carew, Paul O'Neill (with $5), David Cone, Adrian Beltre, Dennis Martinez, Denny McLain, Bobby Valentine, Jim Walewander, Kent Hrbek, and John Wockenfuss
Soccer: Paul Wright, Preki, Tatu, Kai Haaskivi (written in Finnish), Jim Gorsek, Bruce Savage

MARCH 10
Baseball: Ryne Sandberg (with $5)
Soccer: Don Popovic, Doug McLagan, Batata, Jim Gabarra, Paul Dougherty, Greg Ion, Eddie Radwanski, Mark Simanton, Kevin Hundelt, Charley Greene, Chico Moreira

MARCH 12
Baseball: Ron Guidry

MARCH 14
Soccer: Alan Mayer, Stan Cummins, David Boncek, Kelly Mock, Brian Hall, Gino D'Ippolito, Esse Baharmast, Marty Templin (with Herb Silva), Ricky Davis, Ted Eck, Tony Glavin, Freddie Thompson, Jean Willrich, Gerry Gray

Everything started rolling in on March 14, as Kent Hrbek came back with 1/1 signed in 7 days. Also from my February mailing came Denis Potvin, surviving a mauling attempt from the postman. He signed a 11x14 photo, personalized to me with his HHOF year added.

Took only a month!
After two days with nothing, March 17 brought in 3 cards from John Wockenfuss, March 18 got three cards and a note on the envelope from Don Popovic, and March 19 brought three cards and a note from Charley Greene and 5 cards from Jim Walewander. I sent Walewander six cards; he kept five but sent four of his own customs. Apparently he's become an artist and does a webcomic now in his post-playing career.

Yeaterday was the big one. Sandberg, Beltre, Gray, Eck, Savage, and Davis all rolled in. The six successes ties my best single day ever.

I also had a RTS the same day that Popovic arrived: my third attempt on Chico Moreira got returned. I'm done on him until I find an address that has had a success.

I may go off-topic this week. I painted my own goalie mask for floorball and might show off the process that went into it. We finished fourth in our tournament on Saturday, but I had the second best GAA among all goalies in it (only a former goalie for the French National Team had better numbers).

No comments:

Post a Comment