Saturday, April 6, 2013

First session: failed. Second session: coming soon!

After getting off work last night, I quickly packed up and took off on a quest to find the Angels' hotel.

Unfortunately, I had no luck.  Part of the problem is that I'm moving to an area that is spread out, and I have no knowledge of the local hotels.  In Boston, everything was compact and walkable, and there were a bunch of hotels to try out.  It didn't take long for me to know who stayed where.

In the Dallas area, it's more spread out.  Arlington is good size, but it's not a major metropolis on its own.  There are two hotels near the ballpark in the Sheraton and Hilton.  I walked to the Sheraton (about a mile, not too bad), but they weren't there.  They used to stay there, but apparently they no longer do.  I called, nothing.  Called the Hilton, nothing there either.  I don't feel like jumping in the car and driving anywhere else, so I think I'll just chalk up this one as a big ol' zero and hope for the best tomorrow at the tunnel.  Maybe a player or two might cab in and I can get them.  Not betting on it though.

But first, I get a brief session today.  I found out Ferguson Jenkins is doing a signing in Arlington, so I'm going to go for that.  I need him for my Topps All-Time Fan Favorites sets.  Maybe I can go through the line twice.  If not, just one is a good start.  I thought about hitting the tunnel, but after weighing my options and talking to Arron, Jenkins wins out.  It's not often he signs for free, and a guaranteed shot at a HOF'er is better than an unlikely shot at current players I'll see plenty more times this season and probably next.

After that, a stop by the card store, and then prepare for the tunnel tomorrow.  I'll try to post a pic of whatever Ferg signs for me.

I'm finally back in the hounding game again.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment