Thursday, April 4, 2013

No, I'm not dead...

I'm just without internet.  Fortunately it's only two more days.  The techs are coming Saturday morning to install it just before my first 'graphing session of the year.

Overall, I'm really enjoying Arlington and the new job.  Everyone is talking about how I'm stuck on the boring part, ID'ing basketball photos.  But honestly, I don't care.  I'm getting paid to stare at sports images and figure out who's in them.  I honestly can't believe I get PAID to do that.  It's pretty awesome.

Some card-related awesomeness news, Flyers goaltending prospect Cal Heeter could be the second former Wichita Falls Wildcat to get his own card (Dan Sexton of course being the first).  Due to his call-up last night to sit in as the Flyers' backup netminder, he's now card-eligible.  Pretty awesome.  Here's to hoping he'll get one. Or ten.

I'm getting a lot of overtime as well-- already two and a half hours in the books, and I'm planning on doing another two or two and a half tomorrow.  It depends on whether I feel like hounding the Angels at their hotel or not.  As of right now, I'm thinking not.  They'll come in several times this season.

Speaking of which, I'm massively behind on finishing sorting and organizing for this weekend's hounding festivities.  I haven't pulled anything yet, and for the Rangers I don't have ANY cards of Darvish, Ortiz, Ross, Garcia, Borbon, Martin, or Steve Busby.  Maybe I'll get lucky (?) and they won't sign.  Or, maybe they'll sign all season so I won't miss out.

It's going to be a bit of an adventure as well trying to pull Elvis Andrus, Jeff Baker, Adrian Beltre, Lance Berkman, Nelson Cruz, and Dave Anderson from my unsorted mess while trying to find if I packed any blue Sharpies.  I also need to get some baby powder to prep my cards still.  Oh well.  Walmart is just down the street and I have tonight and tomorrow to figure it out.

Anyways, if any Texas 'graphers are reading this, I look forward to meeting some of you this weekend.  I'm anxious to get back into it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment