Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Hounding Report: Cardinals-Roughriders 8/15/15, Rangers-Rays 8/16/15, and some TTMs

Here's to hoping that I'll have more time to put into this now that I'm out of floorball for the time being.

Anyways, on Saturday I went with Arron, Jake, and Chris over to Frisco for a Roughriders game. I didn't have much in the way of cards but I did alright.

Before the game, Chris and I had some lucky timing, catching Jurickson Profar, who is in Frisco on rehab, just leaving the batting cage. He signed a card for each of us. Inside, Edwar Cabrera was one of the pregame signers, and he too signed the lone card I had of him.

On the Cardinals side, Patrick Wisdom signed the two cards I had as did Charlie Tilson (one of each for Chris). Jason Simontacchi signed the lone card I had of him, but in getting it I missed out on manager Dann Bilardello. He had a bit of an attitude anyway-- he asked Chris if he had signed for him yesterday and when Chris told him he wasn't here he said "Alright, I guess I can sign a few." I don't need the attitude from a .204 lifetime hitter.

On the other side of the coin, Erik Pappas signed the four cards I had of him, even laughing with us about the 1994 Stadium Club card that shows him eating in the bullpen. Anthony Garcia signed two as well (one for Chris). Alex Reyes was the big one everyone wanted, and he signed two-per on his way to the bullpen (one to Chris).  After the game we got Andrew Morales who signed two-per (one to Chris) and another collector helped me out on Reyes again, as he signed one-per this time (one for me, one for Chris).

Outside the ballpark, every Roughriders player we saw signed.  Lewis Brinson did four (two for Arron), Nomar Mazara two (one for Chris), Zach Cone signed the game program (he was on the cover), Victor Payano the only card I had of him, and same with Kellin Deglan.

TOTALS: 28 autographs (19 for me, 7 for Chris, and 2 for Arron)

The next morning we hit up the Rangers tunnel and the Rays inside. Had it not been for Brian Anderson broadcasting, I likely would have skipped the Rays-- and would have missed nothing. Outside was excellent though: I got Mitch Moreland on a 3x4 photo, Robinson Chirinos on two cards (one for Chris), Anthony Bass on two cards... and then two shockers. The day's starter, Yovani Gallardo, signed one-per for everyone, as did Elvis Andrus.

Inside Anderson signed two up at the press box just before going on the air (I name-dropped my hometown of Painesville on him; he's a native of Geneva, about 10 minutes east). At field level, only Nate Karns (who I had nothing for) and Erasmo Ramirez (who signed my lone card) signed.

TOTALS: 10 autographs (9 for me, 1 for Chris)

Got a few back by mail too...

AUGUST 3: Mike Fischlin, c/o home, 2/4, 5 months; kept the other two
AUGUST 8: Jim Leyritz, c/o home, 4/4, 2 weeks
AUGUST 13: Mark Clark, c/o home, 6/6, 1 year and 2 months
AUGUST 14: Roger Craig, c/o home, 3/3, 9 days; Gary Larsen, c/o home, 1/1 personalized, 9 days

1 comment:

  1. Not a bad weekend!

    I hate when the "more mature" minor league guys start questioning if they signed for you on the trip or not. It's not like it matters. We couldn't sell your auto if our life depended on it. We just get it 'cause that's what we do!

    ReplyDelete