Monday, August 31, 2015

TTMs, IP, a trade, and...

I'll have a milestone entry coming later this week.  But for now, a few days of success...

Saturday I hit the tunnel but with limited success. Only Chris Gimenez and Colby Lewis stopped. I had nothing for Gimenez, but Lewis signed the four cards I had of him.

Sunday, more tunneling. More guys I had nothing for. But fortunately I did get Mitch Moreland on three cards, Dave Magadan on four, and Scott Coolbaugh on four more.

Monday brought in two TTMs (Chris Simon 3/4 - Set card! -  and Laurie Boschman 1/1 - Set card!) as well as a trade with Alex Dahms (brother of Joe, who was profiled in my short-lived Wednesday Friendsday segment) that netted me two more cards for my 2003-04 Choice AHL Top Prospects set.

I also mailed out a crapton: George Parros, Phil Housley, Doug Smail, Don Beaupre, Gord Murphy, Tom Trebelhorn, Bill Almon, Mike Heath, Archi Cianfrocco, Richie Hebner, Guy Lafleur, Vic Hadfield (had an old address and got RTS on my previous try), and Mark Karpun. I plan on mailing a bunch of soccer ones out in the next few weeks. If I guy a roll of stamps every month and write like crazy, I can mail out all my soccer requests by the end of the year.

A few other TTMs came in since my last update as well: August 21 brought Charles Bowser (c/o home, 1/1, 2 weeks - Set card!) and Norm Ullman (c/o home, 6/6, 2 weeks). Paul Laus came in the next day (c/o work, 1/1, 2 weeks - Set card!). Bob Baun arrived on the 27th (c/o home, 2/2, 3 weeks).

Stay tuned for that milestone. Maybe as early as tomorrow. We'll see when it happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment