Saturday, September 5, 2015

Achievement Unlocked: 2003-04 Choice AHL Top Prospects Set Complete!

Wow. There it is. After a little over 11 years of work, I have completed a signed set for the first time. My final one-- an eBay purchase of the Niklas Kronwall card-- arrived in my mailbox this afternoon and I finished off a set that I wondered if it would be possible to complete after several players bolted for Europe.

Fortunately, trades with people in Europe and in minor league cities helped me complete everything. The vast majority of these were traded for, though I did get a decent chunk in-person and via mail.

Without further ado, I present the set!

Anton Babchuk, Jason Bacashihua, Ryan Bayda (all trades)
Brad Boyes (IP), Ilya Brysgalov (trade), Peter Budaj (trade)
Carlo Colaiacovo (trade), Ray Emery (IP), Kurtis Foster (TTM)
Denis Grebeshkov (trade), Chris Higgins (IP), Jiri Hudler (trade)
Ryan Kesler (trade), Mike Komisarek (IP), Lukas Krajicek (IP)
Niklas Kronwall (trade), Brooks Laich (TTM), Pascal LeClaire (trade)
Kari Lehtonen (trade), David LeNeveu (IP), Ross Lupaschuk (trade)
Justin Mapletoft (trade), Jay McClement (TTM), Ryan Miller (IP)
Shaone Morrisonn (IP), Maxime Ouellet (trade), Johnny Pohl (trade)
Jason Pominville (trade), Mark Popovic (trade), Jani Rita (trade)
Derek Roy (IP), Patrick Sharp (trade), Charlie Stephens (trade)
Aleksander Suglobov (trade), Tomas Surovy (trade), Jeff Taffe (IP)
Petr Taticek (IP), Hannu Toivonen (IP), Fedor Tyutin (trade)
Scottie Upshall (TTM), Stephane Veilleux (TTM), Kyle Wanvig (trade)
Stephen Weiss (IP), Kyle Wellwood (trade), Jeff Woywitka (TTM)
So, there it is. Major thanks to anyone I've traded or 50/50ed with to get this done, notably Peter Fallon, Arron Littleton, Jeff Tyson, Joe Dahms, and Russ Crowell. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few others but I know for sure that those four helped me out on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment