Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Lots and lots of letters

Since completing the Choice AHL set, the TTMs have been rolling in pretty fast.  In the past 10 days, I've pulled in...

BASEBALL
Mark Gubicza (c/o home, 4/4, 45 days)
David Segui (c/o home, 6/6, 188 days)
Bill Almon (c/o home, 5/5, 11 days)

HOCKEY
Chris Nilan (c/o home, 1/1, 34 days; personalized, enclosed business card)
Gord Murphy (c/o home, 6/6, 8 days)
Andre Dupont (c/o home, 3/3, 38 days)
Jiri Dopita (c/o team in Europe, 2/2, 21 days)
Doug Smail (c/o team, 5/5, 12 days)
Don Beaupre (c/o home, 4/5, 14 days)

INDOOR SOCCER (all c/o addresses on my list)
Wes McLeod (6/6, 7 days)
Michael King (6/5, 7 days, wrote a note back)
George Fernandez (7/6, 9 days, wrote a note back)
Fernando Clavijo (6/6, 9 days)
Zoltan Toth (7/6, 9 days, personalized all, wrote a full letter back)

One failure: Victor Moreland. I did find a new address for him though, so I plan to try it out soon.

I started a blog for the indoor soccer project as well. I figured since it's such a niche area that it deserves its own spot. I will still make mention of successes from it here as well as any mailings, but over there I'll be posting photos and more indoor soccer-specific things than I will here.

Allegedly the MISL schedule is coming out this month. I had heard there was a date of a week ago for its release, but it came and went with nothing but a few teams' home openers. I'm sure the travel to Sonoma and Tijuana is holding things up a bit. I hope to get over to Allen for a few games, especially if/when they do another Alumni night.

I decided to skip the Stars' Alumni game vs. Team Israel over in Frisco last weekend. I haven't heard anything about how it went-- nothing from the Stars, nothing from any fellow graphers. TAC feels like it has totally flatlined over the last year or so. I've heard there's another board or two out there dedicated to Texas graphing. I wouldn't mind checking them out if they do indeed exist. I'm hoping the Stars do a few other alumni events this season. Last year's game with the Blues alumni was an amazing graphing opportunity.

I might try to do a couple more Rangers games too. I was considering hitting up the Astros this week but likely will pass on it-- it's been a busy few days with going for a long walk on Saturday, Browns Backers on Sunday, my wife's birthday on Monday, and going out to McKinney for dinner with a college friend tonight. I'm hoping to go for the Mariners this weekend though. There's a possibility that Cory Snyder could travel with them. He's their AAA hitting coach and my all-time favorite player.

I also need to do a ton of resorting. I've let things go with cards I've picked up and stuff I've pulled and not gotten signed so sorting through stuff has gotten tough. It's only about 15,000 cards that need to be sorted (only?) and I've at least broken then down by sport so far. I bet I can get it done by November if I really push through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment