Friday, September 25, 2015

Hounding Report: Rangers-Mariners September 19/20, plus TTMs

I've been working pretty heavily on the soccer TTM project lately, but did at least get a chance to hit up a Rangers game and the tunnel last weekend. I plan to do one more before the end of the season when the Angels roll through next weekend.

Not much luck Saturday either inside or at the tunnel. Outside I got Shin-Soo Choo on a card, and Chris Gimenez on three (two go to Chris). Choo was a nice score at least; usually he doesn't stop for more than four people.  Inside, I got Nelson Cruz on three cards and no one else. Only a few guys I had nothing for stopped and signed. What a waste...

Sunday was a little better at least-- Robinson Chirinos signed two (one for Chris), Martin Perez one (the lone card I have left of him), Steve Busby two (one for Chris), and Josh Hamilton four.

Meanwhile the successes keep rolling in on the TTM front-- fifteen since my last post.  Broken down by sport...

BASEBALL
Tom Trebelhorn, c/o home, 4/4, 17 days
Julian Tavarez, c/o home, 2/4, 12 days (kept two cards)
Orlando Merced, c/o home, 6/6, 14 days

HOCKEY
Vic Hadfield, c/o home, 3/3, 16 days
Guy Lafleur, c/o home, 4/3, 19 days (also enclosed a signed photo)
Nick Kypreos, c/o Sportsnet, 5/4, 48 days (wrote a short note back)

SOCCER
Kevin Crow, 6/6, 10 days
Branko Segota, 7/7, 10 days
Richard Chinapoo, 5/4, 12 days (also signed my letter)
Chico Borja, 5/5, 13 days
Cris Vacarro, 5/5, 13 days (personalized all)
Michael Collins, 4/4, 12 days
Thompson Usiyan, 7/7, 18 days (kept 1 card, wrote a short note back)
Victor Moreland, 5/5, 7 days (personalized two)
Bernie James, 5/5, 19 days

Interesting story on Usiyan-- I have learned to ALWAYS put my own address as the return address on the SASE. He used a small binder clip to keep the cards together. This made it non-machinable and hit with a Return To Sender, Postage Due sticker. So it got sent to me anyway. And they didn't cancel the stamp on it.

Coming up, I'm going to be hitting a Stars practice or two over the next couple of weekends, in addition to soccer mailings and one more baseball outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment