Monday, March 13, 2017

January and February Report

I didn't realize until just now that I haven't posted what I've actually gotten since the start of the year. Band stuff has taken up so much of my time, but it's fun. We did the Winter Weekend Warriors Tour, I just put new heads on the toms a couple weeks ago, and bought some new cymbals this week. So with that, my mailing has been minimal and likely will be for the next month or so. Maybe longer since I have a couple more things I need to buy and already cut into my April stamp budget.

I say "minimal," but looking at my stats I've averaged more than one letter sent per day this year (March 13 is the 72nd day of the year, but I've mailed 78 requests; pretty sure this is the most I've ever sent at the start of a year), putting me on pace to mail nearly 400. Egad, man.

Anyway, a rundown...

JANUARY 3
Claude Lemieux, c/o work, 6/6, 7 months

JANUARY 7
Wilbur Wood, c/o home, 5/5, 1 week, personalized all

JANUARY 10
Monty Montgomery, c/o home, 2/2, 2 weeks

JANUARY 12
Ray Christensen, c/o home, 3/2, 2 weeks, wrote short note back
Brian Sipe, c/o home, 4/4, 2 weeks

JANUARY 14
George Mitterwald, c/o home, 3/3, 1 week
Charles Bronfman, c/o home, 3/2, 2 weeks, added signed card
William Bartholomay, c/o office, 2/2, 2 weeks
Raymond Berry, c/o home, 4/3, 2 weeks – added photo and enclosed note wanting info on my family’s surname and we’ve corresponded a few times on the topic

JANUARY 14 – IP, Dallas Sidekicks Alumni Night
Mike Powers 10/10
Doc Lawson 9/9
Victor Moreland 4/4, 8/8
Gordon Jago 3/3
Jay Bednar 1/1 for a friend
David Doyle 3/3
Billy Phillips 2/2
Fernando Garza 2/2, 1 for a friend
David Kamali 2/2, 1 for a friend
Carlos Videla 2/2, 1 for a friend
Tony Santibanez 1/1 for a friend

JANUARY 17
John Olerud, c/o home, 3/3, 4 months
Lee Cornwell, c/o home, 2/1, 1 month, wrote a note back
Fritz Peterson, c/o home, 4/3, 2 weeks, wrote a note back
Bob Skinner, c/o home, 2/2, 2 weeks

JANUARY 20
JP Dellacamera, c/o home, 2/1, 1 week, wrote a short note back

JANUARY 21
Dali, c/o team in Bosnia-Herzegovina, 3/3, 3 months – severely water damaged, will try again
Bill Virdon, c/o home, 4/4, 1 week
Denis Menke, c/o home, 3/3, 1 week

JANUARY 23
Frank Duffy, c/o home, 3/3, 2 weeks

JANUARY 24
Tom Murphy, c/o home, 4/4, 2 weeks
Darold Knowles, c/o home, 3/3, 2 weeks
Bill Gogolewski, c/o home, 2/2, 1 week

JANUARY 26
Mike Paul, c/o home, 3/3, 1 week

JANUARY 27
Antonio Langham, c/o home, 6/6, 7 months
Dick Enberg, c/o home, 2/1, 2 weeks, wrote a short note back
Rich Hebner, c/o home, 3/3, 2 weeks
Dennis Higgins, c/o home, 1/2, 2 weeks, kept one (my ’72, noooooo!)
Terry Humphrey, c/o home, 3/3, 1 week
Concert-used broken stick from the drummer for Death Before Breakfast (okay, fine, I cheated, that's me)

JANUARY 28
Chuck Taylor, c/o home, 3/3, 2 weeks, VERY shaky signature
Steve Kline, c/o home, 3/3, 2 weeks
Bob Montgomery. c/o home, 3/3, 1 week

JANUARY 30
Bud Selig, c/o office, 2/2, 1 month
Fred Kendall, c/o home, 3/3, 2 weeks
Ken Henderson, c/o home, 4/4, 2 weeks

FEBRUARY 3
Bernie Carbo, c/o home, 3/3, 3 weeks

FEBRUARY 4
Nancy Faust (former Comiskey Park organist), c/o home, 5/2, 5 weeks (signed cards on both sides and wrote a note back)

FEBRUARY 10
Sean Phillips, c/o Soccer Stop in Columbia MD, 3/1, 5 months (signed card on front and back and wrote a note back)

FEBRUARY 11
Ted Sizemore, c/o home, 3/3, 1 month

FEBRUARY 15
Johnny Ray, c/o home, 4/4, 6 days

FEBRUARY 16
Dan Uggla, c/o home, 3/3, 7 weeks

FEBRUARY 17
Tom Brunansky, c/o home, 4/4, 1 week

FEBRUARY 21
Gary Leeman, c/o home, 6/6, 8 months
Ron Gant, c/o work, 4/4, 2 weeks
Bryn Smith, c/o home, 4/4, 2 weeks

FEBRUARY 22
Ron Guidry, c/o Yankees ST, 4/4, 2 weeks

FEBRUARY 24
Bill Lee, c/o home, 3/4, 5 weeks, kept my ’72 unfortunately (my 900th all-time TTM success!)

FEBRUARY 25
Brook Jacoby, c/o Blue Jays ST, 3/3, 2 weeks

FEBRUARY 25 - Dallas Sidekicks IP
Willie Molano 5/5
Kiley Couch 2/2
Jamie Lovegrove 2/2
Juan Gamboa 2/2
Ricardinho 2/2
TJ Nelson 2/2
David Kamali 2/2
Clark Binning 2/2
Tony Guillen 2/2
Fabinho 2/2

FEBRUARY 27
Boots Day, c/o home, 2/2, 6 weeks

I also had some March successes which will get posted at the end of the month, and picked up a nice soccer lot on eBay recently that can be seen over on the Pacific Soccer Sigs blog-- totally worth cutting into the April budget for it.

2 comments:

  1. Drew, have you ever tried to get Doug Hart, who played on the Packer's Super Bowl I and II teams as well as the last world championship team before the Super Bowls started? He grew up in East Fort Worth, attended the old Handley High School (which rolled into Eastern Hills H.S. in 1959), and now lives up north in Minnesota, I believe. flakattack60@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Charles, good to hear from you!

    I haven't tried to get Hart at all-- I probably should though since my dad grew up on those 50s and 60s Packers squads. According to SCN, he does indeed live in Minneapolis now after spending a few years in Florida.

    ReplyDelete